Benefits of Volunteering for Your Professional Association
Whether you have experience with NAELA Committees, Task Forces, State Chapters
, and Sections
or are just getting started, NAELA offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities. As a NAELA volunteer, you'll learn and share expertise
with fellow Elder and Special Needs Law attorneys and professionals in the field, gain valuable leadership experience
, and influence positive change
in Elder and Special Needs Law.
Top Reasons to Participate in NAELA Committees and Special Projects
- Help shape the future of NAELA and the field of Elder and Special Needs Law.
- Connect and network with members and legal professionals across the country.
- Gain leadership skills and ideas to implement in your practice.
- Actively participate in conference calls and meetings as designated by committee/project leader.
- Assist in developing content for programs, events, and publications to carry out NAELA's mission.
- Maintain current membership in NAELA during the volunteer term.
- Act as an ambassador for NAELA in the field.
Volunteer Term Lengths
- Committee participation is generally open to NAELA members only. Most appointments are effective June 1 through May 31 of each calendar year.
- Volunteer inquiries will be accepted on a rolling basis; committee and special project appointments will be confirmed on or about May 15.
- Please view the committee lists below for specific term lengths.
For more information about specific opportunities, log in with your NAELA username and password and then click on the committee name in any of the lists below.