Society of Financial Service Professionals
A Multidisciplinary Network of Credentialed Financial Professionals
Founded in 1928, the Society of Financial Service Professionals is the standard bearer for excellence in professionalism, advanced continuing education, and ethical guidance for the nation's top financial advisers.
Today, the Society of FSP is the professional home to over 15,000 credentialed financial advisers representing all of the major financial service disciplines. This professional inclusiveness and diversity is served through a broad range of educational programs, publications, online professional resources, networking opportunities, and a strong Code of Professional Responsibility.
Membership in the Society is open to those holding one or more of the following highly respected professional credentials:
- MSM, and
Associate member status is extended to those actively pursuing these designations.
Benefits Provided Nationally
The Society offers a multitude of member benefits with one goal in mind: helping our members with the resources and connections to excel in the world of financial services.
- The award-winning Journal of Financial Service Professionals, in print and online.
- Quarterly print newsmagazine, Society Page, and monthly electronic newsletter, FSP e-Bulletin, to keep members informed of the Society news, activities, and resources.
- High-quality practitioner-to-practitioner continuing education delivered online, via audio/Webinar, conferences, and meetings, and approved for insurance, accounting, legal, CFP®, banking, CTFA, Enrolled Agent, and PACE credit.
- Annual conferences and seminars, notably Financial Service Forum and Arizona Institute, offering advanced education, inspiration, and networking among peers
- A Website with a wealth of keyword-driven searchable content from all print and online publications, archived audio presentations and Webcasts, client support tools, member directory, career center, and product discounts
- Nine Professional Interest Sections, each with its own discipline-specific newsletter, online discussion groups, and specialty resources. The Professional Interest Sections serve the needs of members with specific interests in the following financial specialties:
- Business & Compensation Planning,
- Employee Benefits,
- Estate Planning,
- Financial Planning,
- Leadership and Management,
- Life, Health & Disability,
- Multiple Risk Management,
- Qualified Plans, and
- Retirement Counseling.
Benefits Provided Locally
Our Chapters across the country offer a wealth of educational programming and the opportunity to meet, learn from, and do business with some of the leading financial service professionals in their communities.
In the Public Interest
The Society and its Foundation for Financial Service Professionals are active in serving the public through print and online consumer information resources, support for ethical conduct within the profession and in the business community at large, and assistance in crisis situations. Notable among these activities are: the American Business Ethics Award program which, through a rigorous set of criteria, annually recognizes three companies that embody the highest standards of corporate and community responsibility; and the Financial Education Partners program through which our members provide pro bono educational and advisory services to constituents of charitable and social service organizations.
The Society of FSP strives to work collaboratively with other professional and trade organizations serving our members, so that the profession and the membership maintain the highest standards of expertise, conduct, and camaraderie.
Learn more information and receive a free trial of our member benefits.