The ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law generates and disseminates cutting-edge, timely and practical information on the ownership and transfer of real property and financial assets and provides crucial leadership in identifying current issues and improving real property, trust and estate laws. By bringing together the finest legal thinking in real property, trust and estate law, the Section both equips lawyers to deliver guidance to their clients and provides to the public a definitive source of information on laws that affect everyone.
The Section provides value to a wide variety of practitioners including:
- Private practice lawyers,
- In-house counsel,
- Young Lawyers,
- Law Students,
- Real estate professionals (including title company executives), and
- Financial service professionals (including trust officers and fiduciary counsel).
A member of the Section receives the following benefits:
- The Section's bimonthly magazine, Probate & Property, which includes cutting-edge, practical articles that you can use in your everyday work.
- Quarterly volumes of the Real Property, Trust & Estate Journal, a scholarly periodical that presents law review type articles on current issues of interest to the Section's members.
- Bimonthly electronic eReport, with a summary and comments on recent items of interest in real estate and probate and trust law. It's an easy way to stay up-to-date at your desktop.
- Extensive CLE which takes place at the Annual Spring CLE Symposia. Every year, the Section offers two full days of CLE at a nominal rate and at an attractive location. Speakers are experts in their fields and program materials are outstanding. In the Fall, the Section joins with the ABA Tax Section for a joint meeting with a cross-disciplinary focus and similarly top-notch speakers.
- The Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law hosts monthly teleconferences on the topics of real estate and estate planning law. These teleconferences are another great way to obtain CLE credit and to stay abreast of current legal issues.
- A large number of books and publications are available for purchase at discounted Section rate at the ABA's web store. Publications deal with current topics on a broad range of themes in real estate and trusts & estate laws.