Membership in the Academy is open to attorneys and all those who possess a juris doctorate or equivalent degree and are licensed or authorized to practice law under the jurisdiction of any country. Attorneys who would like to become members must render legal services for the benefit of the elderly or in an endeavor which encompasses the legal needs of the elderly; have an understanding of the aging process and sensitivity to the needs of the elderly; be committed to the highest standards of ethics in representing the needs or promoting the welfare of the elderly; have knowledge of the aging network and those services available through other agencies which benefit the elderly, or wish to gain such knowledge; and have a commitment to positive involvement in the work of the Academy and its purposes.
||(One time $100 discount for new members will be applied)
|LSC program/Title III
|New Bar Admittees
||(Years 1 - 3, 4th year dues are $525)
|(Full time students only)
By joining and submitting renewal payments each year, members agree to pledge their support of the Academy's Aspirational Standards .
About NAELA Membership Payments
- All NAELA dues are not refundable and membership is not transferable.
- Because most NAELA members are not a part of large firms, NAELA membership is based on individual enrollment and does not offer a group enrollment option.
- Contributions or gifts to NAELA (except the NAELA Foundation) are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. However, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to restrictions imposed as a result of lobbying and political activities. NAELA estimates that the non-deductible portion of your 2018 dues allocable to lobbying and political activities is 10%.
Membership is On A Calendar Year
- Membership runs from January to December of each year
- For those join after July 1st, NAELA dues are discounted 50%
- Discounts after July 1st do not apply to section or chapter dues