Resources for Consumers
New York State Office for the Aging (NYS of A)
Contact NYS of A to:
- Find caregiver resources
- Search for services and support
- Learn more about health insurance and laws and regulations
- Get information about caregiver resources and volunteer opportunities
- Read the Resource Guide for Older New Yorkers
Call the NYS of A's Senior Citizen Help Line at 1-800-342-9871 or visit their website.
New York City Department of Aging (DFTA)
DFTA has information on:
- Senior services and programs, including some that are free
- Job training and volunteering
- Support for caregivers
Click here for DFTA's website.
The Senior List
The Senior List is a community site that provides forums and reviews concerning services and products for older Americans. Check out their website.
Resources for Media
To arrange an interview with or a presentation by an Elder or Special Needs Law attorney, please contact Communications Associate Abby
Matienzo via email or call 703-942-5711 #230.