Litigation and Advocacy
The Foundation has created a litigation and regulatory advocacy fund with the objective of establishing good legal precedent in matters of critical importance to older Americans and people with special needs. By providing financial support to members, NAELA Chapters, and other nonprofit organizations, NAELA will have a larger role in facilitating litigation that ensures people as they age and people with special needs benefit from the services they need and deserve.
We are at a time in history where the benefits our clients have earned are facing significant pressures at the federal and state level. NAELA needs to be a voice in that discussion and the Foundation is a way to project that voice through litigation and advocacy across the country. NAELA is making a commitment to ensure that the NAELA Foundation has the resources to accomplish one of its primary goals of facilitating elder law and special needs planning litigation. The voice also needs to be shared in the political circles of Washington, D.C., and on the state level.
Help Support Priority Litigation
- Community Care: Working to ensure that those who need long-term care can do so in the least restrictive setting possible.
- Protecting Veterans: Helping NAELA fight policies to restrict and cap Veteran's benefits.
- Special Needs Trusts: Empowering persons with disabilities to make the choices that are best for them.
Give to Other Areas of Action:
- Increasing awareness of elder abuse, neglect and exploitation with the Elder Justice Coalition.
- Protecting social insurance programs like Social Security so people with disabilities and seniors don't have to live in poverty.
- Championing affordable health care and services for all Americans.