NAELA's Annual Conference will be held in Boston, MA, May 3 - 4, 2024
Details for NAELA's Annual Conference, Advanced Elder Law Review, and Practice Management Workshop (each requires separate registration)
Advanced Elder Law Review
Wednesday, May 1, 2024, and Thursday, May 2, 2024 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Providing a clear and comprehensive overview of the key specialties important to elder law and special needs planning, AELR is replete with substantive information relevant to your practice as well as your accreditation goals. Topics include:
• Today's Advanced Medicaid
• Elder Law and the VA, How to Handle Today's Issues
• Fiduciary Representation
• Continue the discussions over dinner on Wednesday night, as we’ll be offering dine-arounds for those who want to dine with fellow attendees
Full session list found HERE
Increased Profits and Less Stress: The Business of the Practice of Law
Thursday, May 2, 2024, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Develop and grow your practice with this one-day management workshop, formatted especially for the elder and special needs law attorney. Topics will include:
• How Elder Law Attorneys Under Earn
• How To Hit Your Financial Goals
• Plus Networking opportunities, HR, Data management and more!
Join this engaging full-day workshop and walk away ready to implement what you have learned. Full session list found HERE.
Friday, May 3, 2024, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday May 4, 2024 8:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Join us for NAELA’s only in-person national meeting in exciting Boston, Massachusetts. This year's program offers three general sessions as well as 21 breakout sessions covering timely, practical education. Here’s a peek into just a few sessions…
• Breaking Traditions: Non-Lawyer Ownership of Law Firms
• Grantor Trusts and the Rules
• Drafting for Special Needs Trusts: Ensuring True Intentions
• Supporting Decision Making: Considerations from Scholarly and Practical Points of View
• Proper Preparation of the 706... Don't Be Caught Off Guard
• Digital Assets (including crypto currency) and How to Plan for Them
Full session list found HERE.
All states have different rules and regulations, so approvals will vary from state to state. NAELA does not pay the application fee for CLE applications but will provide you with a certificate of attendance and a packet of materials so that you may apply for CLE in your specific state for the workshop. Please contact Dannie Larkin at [email protected] with any questions
Advanced Elder Law Review CLE - NAELA will seek approval for the AELR workshop Wednesday & Thursday, May 1st and 2nd in the state of Delaware.
Practice Management Workshop CLE - NAELA will seek approval for the Practice Development workshop Thursday, May 2nd in the state of Delaware.
2024 Annual Conference CLE - Continuing legal education credit will be applied for in all MCLE states. While approved CLE credit hours vary from state to state, below are the hours that NAELA is requesting. NAELA will update all MCLE approval by state as we receive.
Total CLE Minutes: 480 minutes 60 ethics = 540 Total
60-minute state = 9.0 general / 1.0 ethics
50-minute state = 10.80 general / 1.0 ethics