The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. (NAELA) is a professional association of over 4,300 attorneys who are dedicated to improving the quality of legal services provided to seniors and people with special needs. NAELA members assist their clients with public benefits, probate, and estate planning, guardianship/conservatorship, and health and long-term care planning, among other important issues.
Membership is comprised of attorneys in the private and public sectors as well as judges, professors of law, and students. Our membership directory is available online and is continuously updated. A membership directory is published in print annually.
NAELA was founded in 1987 as a professional association of attorneys who are dedicated to improving the quality of legal services provided to people as they age and people with special needs.
The primary focus of the Academy is education. The Academy sponsors continuing legal education programs on Elder and Special Needs Law for attorneys throughout the year, and provides publications and educational materials to its members on a wide range of Elder and Special Needs Law topics.
The Academy seeks to provide support to other organizations serving people as they age and people with disabilities. NAELA also examines and advocates on public policy issues facing seniors and people with special needs, but does not provide direct legal services.
- What Are Elder and Special Needs Law Attorneys?
- NAELA Mission Statement
- NAELA Aspirational Standards
- Questions and Answers When Looking for an Elder or Special Needs Law Attorney
- NAELA Awards and Fellows of the Academy
- NAELA Elder Leadership Award
- NAELA Special Needs Leadership Award
- National Elder Law Month
- Public Policy Positions on issues such as elder abuse, guardianship, health care, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and more. Public Policy Positions on issues such as elder abuse, guardianship, health care, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and more.
- News Releases
- Eye on Elder Issues
- Story Ideas
- Aging and Special Needs Statistics
- Long-Term Care and Health Reform Facts - Alliance for Health Reform Sourcebook
- Older Americans Act Facts - Leadership Council of Aging Organizations
Members of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys offer a wealth of information and expertise on topics ranging from long-term care to Medicare, Medicaid, and planning for disability.
To arrange an interview with a NAELA member, e-mail Communications Specialist Abby Matienzo or call 703-942-5711 #230.